Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bike!!

Hi Rachel!! This is my first post and I hope it actually goes through.  I was on VACATION (!) when I first got the blogger link in my email.  I spent a week in Maine having a wonderful time in Acadia National Park.  More details to come, but to summarize -- I spent a whole bunch of time outside in one of the most beautiful places hiking, strolling, biking, and hanging out with my family.

What was that?  Yes, you heard me right.  After about three years of neglect, I went biking again and I had such a good time!!  I used to bike all the time as a kid.  Seriously, all the time.  I could amuse myself biking in circles for hours.  I also biked all through college because that's how we got around campus.  However, after graduating undergrad I kind of let the interest go dormant.  I moved to Philly and although there is a serious biking community in Philly, I've always been a little scared of biking in traffic.

But my vacation made me brave.  I now have bike fever.  First, I'm getting a helmet.  I'm really into the Bern Lenox in turquoise.

 (cyclechic.co.uk)

I saw it in City Sports today, but they didn't have my size.  They do have it in one of their other branches and will send it to their Harvard Square store.  I should have it by Thursday!

Next, I'm going to get a day pass to Hubway, Boston's bike sharing program.  That way I can see if I'm comfortable biking on city streets.  (There is also a dedicated biking/walking path right next to the river that goes pretty much directly from my apartment to the hospital).

Finally, if that all goes well, I may buy my own bike.  I kind of want a grown up bike-- one that rides well, is sturdy but light, has convenient commuter things like fenders...  This is my dream bike at the moment.

 (bikereviews.com)

It's pricey, but if I could find something like it, I would be so happy!

p.s. Aren't you proud of how I included these pictures into my blog entry? I had to some research to figure out how to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment